Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tuesday Themesday: March's Last Edition

Hello my favorite people!

I'm taking it as a good thing that I don't have much of an update this week! That just means nothing is really going on, which is a great thing! Especially after last week. My grandmother from Virginia is here for the week, so she is keeping me busy with card games, Bananagrams, magazines, musicals I've never even heard of, and crazy amazing stories from her past. Tonight she even let me cook for her, which is the first time I have cooked since all this started. It felt strange, but I didn't even get hungry while I was doing it, so I was happy that it wasn't torture for me. Plus I loved getting back in the kitchen since I love to cook so much! Tomorrow I have my Remicade infusion, so that will take all morning. Grandma leaves on Friday morning and then my mom flies in for her spring break on Saturday!!

Weekly Tally:
Days on TPN and lipids- 58
Days with no food- 62

Countdown to Surgery:
20 DAYS!!!

Can you tell I am excited?! 😊

So for the month of April, I will not be doing any more Tuesday Themesday. I will pick it back up in May! I will still be doing updates and Friday Favorites, but with all the appointments and prepping I have to do for the next 20 days, it'll be easier to just update you once a week!

That being said, here is the last March edition (the one that was supposed to come out last week) that features cool thing I have done while in grad school.

Family Thanksgiving in St. Augustine

My first Thanksgiving in school, my family decided to come to St. Augustine. My grandparents rented a house for the family, and we enjoyed some time away from school for me and SC for my family. We did some pretty fun things!

 The view from the house's balcony.





 This was when the last Hunger Games movie came out, so we went as a family to see it!
 View from the top of the lighthouse in St. Augustine.

 The entire fam at the top of the lighthouse!




We got to go to the Alligator Farm and do the rope course and zipline course. You literally zipline over the alligators, which is kind of creepy. Evan isn't big on heights so he and the grandparents went to the actual zoo part while we ere above them.


Visits to St. Augustine








The above pictures are all from when my grandparents and mom came down to help me move last July. They had a condo on the beach that we stayed at while I was moving!

 My godfather, Matt, came to St. Augustine with his family during his trip to see his parents in southern Florida. I took them to Salt Life, which is an excellent burger and seafood restaurant that was featured on Tanked. They built a huge fish tank in the shape of a wave.
My grandparents from Virginia came to visit when they were taking a 6-week tour of Florida. They stopped to see me on their way back to Virginia at the end of their trip!




For my parents' 25th anniversary, my dad got my mom a 5-day cruise vacation. On the way to the boat, they stopped in St. Auggie and we went to Salt Life (again...I really like that restaurant) and walked on the pier across the street.











On my very first trip to St. Augustine, I came down to attend my interview for grad school. My grandparents brought me down and then I flew to Virginia afterwards to attend my other grandmother's wedding. It was a crazy four days, but we were able to fit in a tour of the city on one of the trolley tours. We went to the Fountain of Youth, which is where all the peacocks hang out in the city. There are so many beautiful ones and they just hang out in the shade. We also went to the fort, which was the first one built in the country.


So that's St. Augustine! There is still so much I haven't done or seen, but I still have a lot more time here, so I will get there!

See you guys on Friday! Have a great rest of your week!

XOXO,
Kayleigh





1 comment:

  1. ����and����for the weeks ahead����

    ReplyDelete