Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Favorites: Round 8!

Hello lovelies!

Hope everyone has had a wonderful week!

So once again, not much of a health update. I had my pre-op appointment on Thursday, and they went over how they would be doing everything and what could happen afterwards in regards to complications. They said if everything goes as planned (fingers crossed) then I could be out within five days. Of course me being a realist, I'm not going to hold my breath, but just hope that will be the case. Most of the complications have a small chance, but anything is possible with me, especially after my last set of surgeries. The complications they described mainly involved active Crohn's, which they say I don't currently have, but we shall see what happens very soon!

In other news, I only have to be plugged in for 12 hours now so I am going to have so much time to do so many activities next week! It's going to be strange to have so much time unplugged!

Let's get to this week's favorites!


My Mommy

So I've been talking about this for weeks, but she finally came! For her Christmas present this past year, I bought her a round trip ticket to come and visit me during her spring break. Originally I was going to be in school when she was here (during the week before finals...eek!), but obviously that changed pretty early on in the semester. So we were basically together every minute of this week, which is exactly what I think we both needed. We had a wonderful time and did so much throughout the week!

On Sunday, we went to an Arts Festival at the fairgrounds in St. Auggie. It was basically a ton of different artists displaying and selling their work. There was jewelry, paintings, photographs, furniture, and even some crazy weird stuff. We had a great time just walking around and admiring or making fun of all the art that was there. Then we went to the library to pick up some movies to watch throughout the week. We ended the day at the movie theater seeing Beauty and the Beast because mom had never seen it, and I (of course) didn't mind seeing it again.

On Monday, we drove up to the St. John's Town Center. This place is basically like an outdoor mall. Not like an outlet mall where everything is at outlet prices and connected, but all the stores are open to the outside instead of crammed into a mall. We spent all day there and then came home to work on our puzzle for the week and watch Dancing with the Stars.

On Tuesday, I got my haircut (agh it's all gone) and then went to the beach, my mom's happy place. We spent the entire afternoon there and then went home to work on the puzzle again and watch a movie.

On Wednesday, we went to the gym together and worked out with my personal trainer. More on that later. We then changed and went to the Old Trolley tour in downtown St. Auggie. You ride the trolley through downtown while the tour guide speaks over the intercom and tells you the history of the city. You can get on and off the trolley at any of the stops and get back on at any of the orange signs. We stopped when we got to the shops and meandered through the streets to see what kind of crazy stuff we could find (trust me...we found a lot).  We ended that stop with a sno-cone and sat on the benches and enjoyed the cold ice, since it was a tad bit warm that day. We then hopped back on the trolley and stopped at the fort next. We went in and met up with some special visitors (more on that later too) and toured the entire fort before we got back on the trolley and headed back to our car on the second stop.

On Thursday, we went to Gainesville and went to my pre-anesthesia and pre-op appointments. That was basically it.

On Friday, we went back to the gym and then headed to the beach again. We stayed all afternoon and then made our way back home to try and finish the puzzle (didn't happen...but you should see this thing...it's so difficult!). Now I type this as we watch Moana.

Tomorrow she will go back home. I'm in denial. I told her she could move in with me and just skype her classes at school. But she will be back in a week for my surgery, so it won't be that long, just not the circumstance I wish we had.

 Our puzzle. Fits me perfectly, doesn't it!










 Cute little street with all the shops and restaurants on it in downtown St. Auggie.
 Flagler College
This guy was playing the didgeridoo in the shops street while his dog sat next to him. When the dog panted, it looked like he was bobbing his head to the music. 





 Oldest tree in St. Auggie.




Transformation Tuesday

So if you know anything about me, you know I am so very pale. Like translucent pale. I burn so easily and then get paler, if that's even possible. I decided to find something to use as a self-tanner. I never have been able to find anything that doesn't streak or turn me bright orange, so I was on the hunt. We asked a few people and then I found some foam tanner at Ulta (oh that magical place). I bought the foam, an applicator mitt, and some tanning wipes for my face. I did it two nights this week and it looks great! It looks natural, and it is so easy to apply. Needless to say, I don't look so sickly anymore, which is great!

I also got that haircut this week. I've been wanting to cut it for a while, but I also wanted to wait until I got home to Fort Mill because I have a hard time trusting just anyone with my hair. I'm not a big fan of change. Any kind of change. I always go to the salon with a great idea and then chicken out at the last second and only get like an inch cut off. Well this time, I did it. I wanted it to be close to my shoulders, but also long enough for ponytails and such. So I had her cut about six inches off, which was terrifying for me, especially when she just started out with a blanket cut across before she shampooed it. Looking at all the hair on the floor really freaked me out. When she was done though, it looked amazing.

 Before
 Before
 After
After
After



My Workout

Yes, I've talked about it so many times. But let's be real...it's one of my favorite parts of the week. I look forward to it, and I never would have said that before this year. This week my trainer, Amanda, let my mom join in. I didn't realize what an influence she would be on me, but man, she was. My mom and I are on different levels. We have different strengths when it comes to the gym. Different weights for different moves. But it all evens itself out. It's almost like I took her an a challenger. I wanted to prove myself, so I stepped up my game a little bit. I tried to keep up with her speed-wise. Which maybe didn't work to my advantage since my trainer now knows I can go faster on certain moves. Regardless of the challenge, I also feel so much stronger, so I knew I could push myself farther than I normally do. One thing I hate though is push-ups. I've never liked them. They are like my kryptonite. I can do pretty much everything she asks me to do, but then we get to push-ups and I completely fall apart. So I told Amanda I would put memes and gifs up to represent how I felt today so here it is.

Me going to the gym. Ready to sweat and work hard.

Me doing said push-ups. Four times through to be exact.

But then I do this once they are all done and I don't have to do anymore.

My mom and trainer after the workout.

Amanda's reaction next week when I tell her how sore I was.

Hehe, love you Amanda!



My Girls

The summer after my freshman year I got a job with the Deer family as their nanny. I traveled with them to a ton of different places, and we had so many fun adventures in my time with them. I started with them when Olivia had just finished kindergarten and Maggie had just finished second grade. I ended up staying with the family for five summers, which was the longest I had ever stayed with one family (I was a nanny for four years before I started with them). I watched them grow up, and I'd like to say that I had something to do with how amazing they are. They were like a mixture of my own kids (if I had them) and my little sisters. To this day, I make sure to keep in touch and see them when I have breaks from school. I found out a couple months ago that they would be coming to Amelia Island for their spring break with my neighbors at home (which happens to be the family of Maggie's best friend and my mini me). Amelia Island is only about an hour away from me, so I asked them if they would come to St. Augustine, and they did! I obviously haven't seen them since December so it was great to see them. They tackled me, which is what they always do, on the steps of the fort. We then caught up while walking around and learning about the fort's history. We obviously took a lot of pictures, and my mom caught a few candids that I absolutely love and had no idea she was taking. Seeing them was exactly what I needed. It only added to the happiness and joy I felt with having my mom here. They are part of my family, and I can't wait to see them grow up even more than they already have.









And that's all folks! It's been a great week. Exactly what I needed before my surgery. Which reminds me...we are TWO HANDS away from my surgery. That's 10 DAYS people! This is not a drill! Agh I know it's probably weird that I am so ready for this surgery, but I know deep down that this is going to be successful and then I can get back to my life! I'm ready to feel better, and I'm ready to be me again. Well my more normal me.

Weekly Tally:
Days on TPN and lipids- 67
Days with no food- 72

And if you needed another reminder...
Countdown to Surgery:
10 DAYS!!!

See you guys next Friday! Have a great weekend!

XOXO,
Kayleigh



No comments:

Post a Comment