Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tuesday Themesday: March Edition Part 2

Hello my people!

Hope everyone is doing well on this fine Tuesday! It's bright and sunny here in Florida, but hopefully it isn't too cold in your neck of the woods!

Today is my 2nd Tuesday Themesday, and I am going to do this one a little differently! Today's three topics have a TON of photos with them so I will give a brief description and then just give you the pics! That makes things more fun anyways!

Getting My Tattoo

My mom has always mentioned to me that she wanted a small tattoo, but she never knew what to get because she wanted it to mean something. I had never wanted to do it. I just couldn't see myself having one, even if it was small. Last summer, when all my medical stuff started back up, I decided I wanted to get something that was more of a reminder, instead of just something random. I started thinking about it and decided if I were going to ever do it, I would get the word "fearless" tattooed on my left wrist. I have lived by that word since I was diagnosed wit
h Crohn's, and I fully believe I have been a fearless person when it comes to the things I've had dealt to me. But of course I have my days where I want to wallow in my self-pity and feel down about everything going on, so I wanted this reminder that I can't do that. I have to get up and face those challenging times head on and do my best to be my best.

So my mom and I decided to do it. We went to tattoo parlor in Charlotte with our word already written out. My tattoo would be written in my mom's handwriting and hers in mine. So not only did it serve as a reminder to me to stay fearless, it also keeps my mom close to me whenever I am away. For her, it is a reminder to be fearless like I have been for so long. It's definitely been hard to be away from her during all of this, but these reminders come at the most appropriate times.
 Excited or nervous? A tad bit of both...
 Right after the tattooist finished!
 After a couple of days! It's in the perfect place, because if I need to hide it, my watch can be worn right over it!
My mom's! Funny how we have the exact same handwriting!


The Most Magical Place on Earth

Okay, let's be real. You can't live in Florida and not go to Orlando to visit Disney World. It's just not allowed.

My mom has gone to Orlando with the 8th grade band at her school every year since I can remember. It's always in March or April and I have always lived through her stories and hoped I could go back one day. The last time I went, I was in the 7th grade, so it had been awhile. Last year, this trip just happened to be right after finals when I had my two-week summer break. So I decided to join the four day trip and be a "chaperone". I stayed at the hotel, went to all four Disney parks, went to eat with the students (where I only knew one, but soon knew half of), and went to Disney Springs (the old Downtown Disney) to watch them perform. It was amazing, and I got some really great pictures, so I will let them speak for themselves!
 Animal Kingdom Safari!




 So one thing about me...I am OBSESSED with Beauty and the Beast. You're gonna see a lot of Belle in these pictures. This was at Epcot.
 Anna and Elsa!




 Belle Sighting #2
 Belle Sighting #3




 Belle Sighting #4


 Belle Sighting #5
 Belle Sighting #6. It's like she knows I am taking a picture!



 Probably the coolest picture I have ever taken. I was leaving Hollywood Studios and turned around to snap a pic of the fireworks. This is what I ended up with! So great!




 Here is that sneak peek pic! It's Rapunzel's Tower!
 Belle Sighting #7. I legit almost cried when she came up to me, but I never got to get a picture with her.

 We were obviously having a serious conversation. She said she liked my shirt color and I told her that she needed to let Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather change her dress again. I told her they could mix their blue and pink ideas and make purple like my shirt!😊




The typical "fireworks over the Cinderella Castle" pic.

Anastasia State Park

My friends, Daniela and Taylor, and I decided to go kayaking last weekend at Anastasia State Park. They have a beautiful waterway surrounded by protected land that you can kayak, paddleboard, and windsurf in. When we got there, we found out it was closed because it was too windy outside. So instead, we decided to rent bicycles and discover the park that way. We set off around the waterway where there is a trail and then we rode down the long winding road of the campsite, which was actually really pretty as well. We had a lot of fun joking around at the park and near the ocean, and it is definitely something I want to do again (despite being so sore the next day...darn you squats the day before).















And there you have it! This week's Tuesday Themesday! Hope you enjoyed my pic-blog this week, and I can't wait to see you all on Friday for my Favorites post and an update on the Surgery Saga!

Weekly Tally:
Days on TPN and lipids- 39
Days with no food- 41

Until Friday!
XOXO,
Kayleigh

2 comments:

  1. Enough did take some wonderful pictures and I know you made some wonderful memories❣Keep making them ❣love reading your blog❣

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was suppose to say you didn't take enough wonderful pictures lol my iPad thinks it knows what to say❣

    ReplyDelete