Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Favorites: Round 3!

Hello wonderful people!

First, I want to wish everyone a very happy Friday! Hope everyone had a wonderful week!

Second, I want to thank everyone for the letters and cards and even the packages I have received! Shoutout to Ms. Cooper and Ms. Adler for the boxes of candy! You guys are wonderful!

Third, my medical update.
I saw the surgeon on Tuesday, and it was very sweet. My albumin levels in the hospital indicated I was very malnourished, so he'd like to see the new numbers in two weeks. So back to Gainesville I will go. He also said he was booked until the end of April, so it looks like I will have to wait until then for surgery. No date yet (sad face), but I should have it by next week. Other than that, not much to update on. I wish there were more answers to give you, but I got nothing. My 2000 calorie bags have been good, and they were right. I am now slowly gaining weight, so one can only hope my albumin levels prove to be higher so I can get this surgery sometime soon.

Fourth, it's time for this week's Friday Favorites!


My Intent Bracelet and My Medical Bracelet


These are my 24/7 bracelets. On top is my tattoo, which I will talk about next Tuesday! The second one is my medical bracelet. When I got into grad school, my mom told me she would feel more comfortable if I had one, just in case anything happened to me. So I did a little research and found the company Lauren's Hope. I knew I wouldn't wear one if it didn't match what I normally wear. So I got the rose gold bracelet and medical ID to match my rose gold Michael Kors watch. It fits specifically to you, and it has whatever you want one the back. Mine has my name, Crohn's and Celiac, my birthday, and an emergency number. Many people don't wear them now because they are ugly, but I get so many compliments on mine and no one realizes it's a medical bracelet until I show or tell them. Thankfully I've never had to use it, but it's there and I do everything with it on. It doesn't come off of my wrist (except when I got my tattoo and even then I switched it to my other wrist).

The My Intent bracelet is a rather recent purchase though. I saw the company's interview with Good Morning America. The reason they became so popular was because Kanye West wore it on the front cover of a magazine and then everyone wanted one. I wanted one because of the meaning behind it. You can pick the color of the band and the metal type. Mine is a black band with a bronze charm. You can put any word on the charm. The whole point is to pick a word that means the most to you. My first choice of words would have been fearless, but since that was already tattooed on my wrist, I chose strength. I fully believe that those two words describe me perfectly, and if you were to ask anyone else, they would completely and whole-heartedly agree. I love that these three things are on my wrist at all times because they remind me to stay fearless and strong no matter the circumstances. And if you believe you can overcome something, you will.


Spin Brush

Ever since I stopped taking Cimzia and started on the Remicade last September, I have had a major problem with acne. Cimzia and Humira both also treat psoriasis, among other things (including Crohn's). I started taking Humira when I was 18 so I kind of skipped the whole acne stage of my life. Well Remicade doesn't treat any skin problems, so of course I have gone back in time and now have acne like a teenager. BUT...I finally found something that works. I got the Olay Spinbrush (with included facewash) and LOVE the results so far. I actually use my own facewash that I have used for years, but use the Spinbrush with it. I simply apply the facewash, wait about three minutes, then go to town with the spinning. When I'm done, I wipe the excess facewash off with a warm washcloth then douse my face with cold water. Basically I am exfoliating and getting down to the nitty gritty and then washing it off, followed by a quick cold wash to shut my pores before anything gets stuck in them. My face is so much smoother now and doesn't flake as often, which I have had problems with for years. I just wish I had bought one of these sooner. If you or your teenager have facial issues, whether it be dry, oily, or just pimply, I suggest getting one of these. They are very inexpensive and even though they come with facewash, you can use whatever you want with it. Below is a picture of the one I bought and they are available everywhere and there are so many different brands!

Ed Sheeran

Don't judge me, but I never really loved Ed Sheeran. I always liked his music, but I was never super excited to hear his songs on the radio and would often turn the channel. BUT NOW...I love his new album Divide. It is so amazingly spectacular, and I could listen to it all day long if I had to. If you haven't listened to it yet, what are you doing?!? Pull up YouTube or ITunes and get to searching! I just know you will love it too! It's very relaxing, but he definitely mixes it up a little bit throughout the whole album, which is nice! Go look it up!!


Target

Yes, I am like every other girl in the United States and am obsessed with Target. I get everything from there. And also like every other person in the US, I also buy a lot of stuff I think I need but don't actually need #internalstruggle. Lately, because I don't get out as much as I used to, Target is considered an outing for me. I go with a list and end up walking around the entire store. Most of the time I don't buy extra stuff, but it's fun for me to just look around for an hour and pretend like I am doing something productive with my life. I see that huge target symbol and get really excited because you know you are just going to find so many little treasures throughout the entire store. Honestly I don't think this obsession will ever end, unless god forbid the store goes out of business. But I am fairly certain that will never happen, so my obsession is safe and sound. Yay Target!!


The Choice
By Nicholas Sparks


This is my latest audiobook. It took me a while to get into it, but I persisted and now I love it! I was listening to it here and there between errands and I never got to hear a lot all at once, but after my trip to Gainesville, I got to listen to more of it and think it's a great book. It's about a small town veterinarian named Travis Parker and a pediatric physician's assistant named Gabby Holland. They meet in the waterfront town of Beaufort, NC and the rest is, of course, history. I'm obviously not going to give anything away, but it's great,and I highly suggest it!


Survivor
So let me start by saying that I am one of survivor's biggest fans, but not in a way where I would go on the show because I know all the ins and outs of the show and how to last until the final tribal council. I have been watching this show since the very first season when Richard Hatch won after walking around naked the whole season. This season (the 34th season!!!) features returning players that have all made a game-changing move to get farther in the game or which ended up getting them voted out. I have two favorites and they were also my favorites in their previous seasons but didn't actually win their season.
Zeke
He actually played last season so he basically did two stints of surviving on a deserted island twice in a row. Whoa. I'm rootin' for ya buddy.

Ozzy
Oh he is amzing. This is the third time he has done the show! And unfortunately he has never won. He is a great swimmer and super strong and resourceful, so that makes him a huge target. If he can keep his head down and play the game and not show off too much, he may just win! Here's hoping!!
Jeff Probst
Who doesn't love this guy? He is iconic. He has hosted the American version of this show since season one so props to him for sticking with it for 16 years! He makes this show what it is. Can't wait to see all the twists and turns of this season. It's just so much drama that I can't look away!

Fun fact: One of my friends in elementary school, his mom was on Survivor China years ago. I used to go to his house all the time so it was cool to watch her on the show!



Let me know if you watch Survivor and who your favorite is! Also let me know if you have any book suggestions!

Weekly Tally:
Days on TPN and lipids- 35
Days with no food- 37

And as promised, here is the clue for next week's Tuesday Themes-day!

Any guesses? 😊

Hope everyone has a wonderful and relaxing weekend! See ya next Tuesday!

XOXO,
Kayleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment